Thursday, October 16, 2014

Shower Insights



For the last six months, my friend Blake has been asking to me to describe my ideal day.  I'm not sure what made me think of this today.  I got bad family news this week, the kind where you want life to just rewind and choose a different sliding door... which has made me sad and reflective on life, I suppose.

I tried a few times today to journal this out -- during lunch, on the subway ride... in "borrowed moments" as Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) calls them.  Each time, I had to close my notebook, overcome by a sense of sweeping anxiety about the "perfect" ideal day.

So of course it's only natural that it all comes gushing out during my hot afternoon shower, this ideal day of mine, I'm gonna let it shine:

I want to meditate
and move
and write
and dance
and sing
and create
and connect
and be inspired
and inspire
and wonder
and laugh 
and love
and go to sleep feeling the healthy kind of tired, energized to wake up the next day and do it all again.



No comments:

Post a Comment